Bayern M vs Barcelona ⚽️
UEFA Champions League Match and Betting Preview
If an elite European team could be said to have a bogeyman, Bayern Munich would be Barcelona’s biggest nightmare due to the number of times they’ve humiliated the Catalan side.
Which is why the timing of this fixture is especially fortuitous for the Blaugrana. The home team have started the new Bundesliga season looking flawed and will be aware that this is a different Barcelona than the one they faced the last time the two teams played last season. At the same time, this is their hardest game so far this season and if they win this, it could be the missing spark their team will need this season.
Barcelona, on the other hand, are playing at the absolute top of their game. With one of the deepest squads in Europe, the away team could be sleeper favorites to win the UCL. It also helps that they have the most in-form striker in the world leading the line for them. After departing the Allianz Arena under a cloud, Robert Lewandowski will be eager to show Bayern Munich just how much they have missed him.
Which team emerges victorious from this fixture?
Head to head
In twelve overall games, Bayern Munich has won 7 games to Barcelona’s 4 wins and both sides have drawn once.
The last three H2H games are what Barcelona will be looking to avenge. Over that period, Bayern scored 14 goals and conceded just twice, with the most memorable being the 8-2 win away at the Camp Nou.
Bayern has uncharacteristically won just two of its last five competitive games and drawn the other three games. (D-W-D-W-D)
Barcelona, on the other hand, has been flawless, winning all of their last five competitive matches. (W-W-W-W-W)
Just two players are missing for the home side; Bouna Sarr (Tendon injury) and Kingsley Coman (Hamstring strain).
Under-fire Julian Nagelsmann is expected to field his first choice XI of Manuel Neuer; Benjamin Pavard, Matthijs de Ligt, Lucas Hernandez, Alphonso Davies; Joshua Kimmich, Marcel Sabitzer; Serge Gnabry, Thomas Muller, Leroy Sane; Sadio Mane.
Barcelona have no injured players. Xavi is expected to field a starting XI similar to this; Marc-Andre ter Stegen; Jules Kounde, Ronald Araujo, Eric Garcia, Jordi Alba; Sergio Busquets, Pedri, Gavi.Raphinha, Ousmane Dembele, Robert Lewandowski.
- Bayern Munich has scored 3.2 goals/game and conceded 0.8 goals per game in the Bundesliga while Barcelona has scored 3.0 goals per game and conceded 0.2 goals per game in the Spanish La Liga.
- Bayern averages 537.8 accurate passes per game and 67.7% of possesion while Barcelona averages 481.6 accurate passes and 63.8 average possession
- Bayern wins the ball high up in the final third often, with 7.2 possessions won in the final third per game while Barcelona averages
- Jamal Musiala leads the way for Bayern with 4 goals in 6 games while Lewandoski has already scored 6 goals in 5 La Liga games and 3 goals in one UCL game.
- The two teams have a similar xG in the UCL this season. (2.5 for Bayern and 2.3 for Barcelona) Of that total, Bayern has scored 2 goals to Barcelona’s 5 UCL goals.
Picking the winner of this game is going to be a difficult one., our best bet is “Both teams to score” @ 1.34
If nothing else causes Barcelona problems, Bayern Munich’s pacy front three will. Bet on the away team to pick up at least two bookings with “over 1.5 bookings @ 1.27.
For our daily special, bet on ,Mane or Lewandowski to score first @ 2.84
/ 2 months ago
BETKING CARES CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CAMPAIGN At KingMakers, taking care of our people and...
/ 6 months ago
To all sports betting enthusiasts, welcome back to another weekend of the most amazing...