Usyk vs Joshua ||
Preview: Joshua v Usyk (Boxing)
The rematch between Anthony Joshua and Oleksandr Usyk has a lot riding on it for both fighters, especially Anthony Joshua. In fact, the match will determine the Brit’s continued relevance in heavyweight boxing.
Joshua dropped a unanimous decision 112-117, 112-116, 113-115 to Ukrainian rival, Oleksandr Usyk as Usyk took the WBA, WBO and IBF heavyweight titles at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium last September. On Saturday, August 20, he will face the undefeated Ukranian again at the Jeddah Superdome in a bid to regain his lost titles. Can he do it?
The 32-year old Joshua weighed in for the fight at 240lbs (108.9kg), he stands at 6 ft 6 in (198 cm) with a reach of 82 in (208 cm). His career record: 24 wins from 26 fights with two losses and 22 of his victories coming by way of knockout. Two of those losses came at the hands of Andy Ruiz Jr and Oleksandr Usyk.
The older Usyk (35 years-old) weighed in for the fight at a career heaviest 221.25lbs (100.4kg). He stands at 6’3” (191cm) with a reach of 78” (198cm). His career record: 19 wins from 19 fights with 13 (68%) of his victories coming from Knockout and the other 6 (32%) coming from Decision (unanimous).
How the first fight went
During their first encounter, Usyk outclassed, outworked, outsmarted and outmanoeuvred Joshua, making the Nigerian-born fighter look very naive and ordinary. Usyk was also quicker and covered more space in the ring, making the Nigerian work hard from the first bell to the last second of the fight. This obviously tired Joshua out by the latter rounds, allowing Usyk to get his unanimous decision. The Ukrainian, undefeated in 19 professional fights so far in his boxing career, is looking to making it 20 unbeaten on Saturday.
Can Anthony Joshua flip the script?
Anthony Joshua will be counting on his ability to bounce back from setbacks to win here. The English boxer showed grit to come back and beat Anthiny Ruiz Jr and reclaim his titles. This time around, he has put in a lot of work to prepare, hiring Robert Garcia and even sparring with 13 different partners ahead of the big fight.
Apart from the chance for him to reclaim the AMB, IBF and OMB belts, he knows that this is his best chance to reassert control over his legacy. He will strain every sinew to make sure that at the end of this fight, his relevance in boxing circles remains assured.
Usyk carrying Ukraine on his shoulders
Heavyweight champion and Soldier boy, Oleksandr Usyk is a symbol of Ukraine’s hope in this rematch. Usyk boasts a 19-0 record with 13 of those wins coming by way of knockout; one of the top pound-for-pound fighters in the world right now, if not number one.
The fight everyone wanted to see has now become an impossibility because of Tyson Fury’s retirement this month. But can he, will he stay retired if Anthony Joshua wins on Saturday? The Englishman certainly thinks so. In his words, “Yeah I can bring out of retirement 100%. I think he’ll bring himself out of retirement.”
A confident statement, but who knows? If he wants it to happen, however, Joshua knows he has to beat Usyk on Saturday.
Joshua v Usyk Betting Tips
Already Joshua in the first fight, Usyk proved that he is one of the best fighters around. However, he’s facing a hungry Anthony Joshua who has been backed into a corner and is staring boxing irrelevance in the eye if he loses.
We think the Englishman wins this rematch handily.
Tip 1: Joshua weirdly went away from his biggest weapon, his power punching, against Usyk in the first fight. Instead, he tried to outbox the Ukranian. Expect Joshua to bring back the big guns on Saturday as he tries to knock out the smaller Ukranian.
Bet on Usyk to be knocked down at any point of the fight @ 2.00
Tip 2: Bet on Anthony Joshua to win @ 2.74 (oddsboosted from 2.55)
Bet on other Joshua – Usyk markets below!
Bet on other fights this weekend with BetKing today as well:
Filip Hrgovic vs Zhilei Zhang;
Callum Sith vs. Mathieu Bauderlique
Badou Jack vs. Richard Rivera
Tyrone Spong vs. Andrew Tabiti
Ramla Ali vs. Crystal Garcia Nova
Daniel Lapin vs. Jozef Jurko
Ziyad Almaayouf vs. Jose Alatorre
Money Kicks vs. Kyle Paevie
Ben Whittaker vs. Peter Nosic
You can bet on other boxing matches on BetKing!
/ 2 months ago
BETKING CARES CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CAMPAIGN At KingMakers, taking care of our people and...
/ 6 months ago
To all sports betting enthusiasts, welcome back to another weekend of the most amazing...