UEFA Super Cup | Real Madrid vs Frankfurt
Real Madrid vs Eintracht Frankfurt | UEFA Super League match preview and betting prediction
Neither of the two Super Cup finalists was tipped to win either the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League last season. However, that’s exactly what both sides did, consistently refusing to admit defeat, even in the face of seemingly insurmountable odds.
If that trend was to continue, Eintracht Frankfurt would win tomorrow. But then, Football rarely works that way. Real Madrid are the favorites and there’s a reason for that.
At this point, we know all there is to know about Real Madrid. They are true European royalty who will be eager to add another European trophy to their collection and burnish their legend.
Frankfurt, meanwhile, come into this game after a 1-6 home humbling by Bayern Munich. The plus side of that heavy defeat is that they at least have more competitive minutes under their belts than the Real Madrid players. Will that be a huge factor in determining which club hoists the Super Cup trophy at full time? Read on below to find out!
The two sides have only met once before; in 2008 when the game finished in a 1-1 draw.
Real Madrid have played just 3 preseason matches between last season and this season so our form guide will start from their final two games last season. In their last five games, Real Madrid have won two games, drawn twice and lost once. (W-D-L-W-D)
Frankfurt, meanwhile, have won three of their last five games, drawn one game and lost once. (L-W-W-W-D)
Real Madrid: Carlo Ancelotti has a fully-fit squad to pick from heading into this game. The Real Madrid Head Coach also promised to reward the starting XI that won the Champions League with starts here.
Starting XI: Thibaut Courtois. Dani Carvajal, Eder Militao, David Alaba, Ferland Mendy. Casemiro, Luka Modric, Toni Kroos. Federico Valverde, Karim Benzema, Vinicius Junior.
Eintracht Frankfurt: Head Coach, Oliver Glasner has a full squad to select his first XI from, excluding Jerome Ongenue (Hip injury) and Aurelio Buta (knee injury) who will both miss the game.
Starting XI: Kevin Trapp. Almany Toure, Evan N’Dika, Tuta. Ansgar Knauff, Djibril Sow, Sebastian Rode, Christopher Lenz. Mario Götze, Jesper Lindstrom. Rafael Borre. (3-4-2-1)
- Karim Benzema was Real Madrid’s highest goal scorer in the La Liga with 27 goals while Rafael Borre was Frankfurt’s highest goal scorer in the Bundesliga with 8 goals.
- Last season, Real Madrid had the highest goal/game in La Liga with 2.1 goals/game while Frankfurt averaged a measly 1.3 goals/game
- Madrid averaged the second-highest possesion in La Liga with 60.2% of the ball over the season while Frankfurt averaged just 49.6% of the ball. Madrid also completed 538 accurate passes/game while Frankfurt completed 342.6 passes/game.
- In Europe, Madrid conceded an xG of 20.3 (second-best in the UCL last season) while Frankfurt conceded an xG of 19.9.
- Real Madrid keeper had 5 clean sheets in the UCL last season, the highest of any club that played in the competition. Frankfurt had just 2 clean sheets in the Europa League.
- A Real Madrid win @ 1.45
- Frankfurt conceded 6 goals to Bayern Munich last weekend. Real Madrid will favor themselves to score at least twice. Bet on over 1.5 Real Madrid goals @ 1.47
- Frankfurt are underdogs in this game, but their competitive conditioning is further along than Real Madrid’s. Bet on Real Madrid to fail to keep a clean sheet @ 1.55
/ 2 months ago
BETKING CARES CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CAMPAIGN At KingMakers, taking care of our people and...
/ 6 months ago
To all sports betting enthusiasts, welcome back to another weekend of the most amazing...