Eintracht Frankfurt vs FC Bayern Munich
Eintracht Frankfurt vs FC Bayern Munich | Season opener match preview and betting prediction
After two-month hiatus, Bayern Munich will begin their campaign to win an 11th straight Bundesliga title away at Eintracht Frankfurt.
There have been several high-profile departures and arrivals. Nicklas Sule and Robert Lewandowski left for Borussia Dortmund and Barcelona while Sadio Mane and Matthjis de Ligt joined the Bundesliga giants from Liverpool and Juventus respectively.
After finishing in 11th place last season due to a disastrous start where they picked up just 5 points from their first six games, Eintracht Frankfurt will hope for a better start this season. They finally got their first Bundesliga win against Bayern Munich last season and will be hopeful that lightning can strike twice in this fixture.
As expected, the Munich side has been absolutely dominant in this fixture. Of 43 H2H games, Bayern has won 31 games while the home side has won just 7 games. This fixture has ended in a draw five times.
Last season, the two teams faced off twice. Frankfurt won 2-1 at the Allianz Arena while Bayern retaliated with a 1-0 away win at the Deutsche Bank Park.
Frankfurt played six preseason friendlies this offseason, winning five games and drawing one game. During that run of games, they scored 27 goals and conceded just one goal. Form in last five games – (W-W-W-D-W-W)
Bayern won two of three preseason friendly games and lost one. Overall, FC Hollywood scored eleven goals and conceded five goals. Form in last five games – (W-L-W-D-D)
Frankfurt: Jerome Onguene (Hip injury), Aurelio Buta (Knee injury), Ajdin Hrustic (slight knock) and Randal Kolo Muani (slight knock) are all injured and are expected to miss the game.
Expected starting XI: Kevin Trapp. Evan N’Dicka, Tuta, Almany Toure. Filip Kostic, Djibril Sow, Daichi Kamada, Ansgar Knauff. Mario Goetze, Jesper Lindstrom. Rafael Borre.
Bayern Munich: Bouna Sarr (Knee injury), Leon Goretzka (Knee injury) and Eric Choupo-Moting (Groin injury) are all on the treatment list and are expected to miss Friday’s game.
Expected starting XI: Manuel Neuer. Alphonso Davies, Matthjis de Ligt , Dayot Upamecano, Benjamin Pavard. Joshua Kimmich, Marcel Sabitzer. Jamal Musiala, Thomas Muller, Serge Gnabry. Sadio Mane.
- The home team has scored 13 goals in their last five games while Bayern has scored 15 goals in their last five games.
- Eintracht Frankfurt have scored in each of their last five home games while Bayern Munich have failed to keep a clean sheet in their last five away games.
- Last season, Frankfurt averaged 49.6% possession and made just 342.6 accurate passes/game while Bayern led the Bundesliga in both categories, averaging 64.8% possesion and 559.7 accurate passes/game.
- Frankfurt presses high up the pitch, as shown by their Bundesliga sixth-best 5.0 possessions won in the final third/game last season. Even there, Bayern was still dominant. The Munich-based team averaged 7.6 possessions won in the final third/game/.
- Frankfurt had a defensive xG of 53.6 goals and conceded 49 goals while Bayern scored 97 goals from an attacking xG OF 96/7 last season.
Bayern are the overwhelming favorites for a reason. Back them to win @ 1.48
Bayern have failed to keep a clean sheet in the last five away games while Frankfurt has consistently scored at home. Both teams to score @ 1.43 could turn out to be a good value bet.
If you’re not confident that Bayern can win, hedge your bet with a combo of Bayern Munich Double chance and BTTS @ 1.75
Football is back and we’re here to ensure that you enjoy every second. Bet on this weekend’s games here!
/ 2 months ago
BETKING CARES CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY CAMPAIGN At KingMakers, taking care of our people and...
/ 6 months ago
To all sports betting enthusiasts, welcome back to another weekend of the most amazing...