UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Emmett
UFC Fight Night: Kattar vs. Emmett Preview and betting prediction
If you enjoy combat sports, then Sunday’s UFC Austin main event will definitely be one you’ll enjoy.
The main co-scorecard pits Calvin Kattar against Josh Emmet in a true clash of styles.
While both fighters are both well above average technically and in terms of striking power, Josh Emmett relies less on technique than his opponent. He prefers the quick kill and will attempt to knock Kattar out early by leveraging his fearsome power.
That approach can work… if it lands, which is not so easy against a fighter as savvy as Kattar. The taller fighter is more measured and will attempt to wear Emmett down by making the fight go down to the wire before taking advantage of his opponent’s exhaustion to try and win late on.
Which approach do you think will win out? Read on below for our preview!
The official UFC rankings rate Calvin Kattar 4th among featherweights and Josh Emmett as 7th. Both fighters fight in an orthodox style. Neither will have the slight disadvantage of facing a southpaw.
Calvin Kattar has won three of his last five fights and lost the other two. (W-L-W-W-L). His wins over Dan Ige and Giga Chikadze came via decision and his final win was a round two knockout win against Jeremy Stephens in UFC 249. His two losses to Max Holloway and Zabit Magomedsharipov also came via judge decisions.
Josh Emmett has fared better recently, winning his last four fights and just one of his last five (W-W-W-W-L). Two of his four wins against Shane Burgos and Dan Ige were by decision while the other two wins were Knockouts of Michael Johnson and Mirsad Bektić. His lone loss to Jeremy Stephens was a round 2 K.O
Josh Emmett’s relentless style often leaves him vulnerable to injury. However, neither fighter is carrying an injury ahead of this fight.
- Four of Calvin Kattar’s last five fights have gone the distance, compared to zero of Josh Emmett’s last five fights.
- Kattar edges out Emmett in height (5’11” – 5’6”), reach (72”-70”), weight (66kg-65kg), total fights (28-19), wins (23-17), KOs (10-6), submissions (3-2) and finish rate (57%-48%).
- Emmett (2 losses) has lost fewer fights than Kattar (5 losses), however.
- Emmett has been knocked out once, while Kattar has never been on the receiving end of a K.O.
- Kattar (34) also has the advantage of being younger than Emmett (37)
Kattar vs. Emmett prediction
- Calvin Kattar to win @ 1.33. Emmett is a warrior but Kattar has too many advantages over him.
- Fights involving Kattar go the distance more often than not. Go with the experts and bet on over 4.5 rounds @ 1.67.
You can also bet on the other UFC events this weekend with BetKing!