Major League Baseball | Astros vs White Sox
Astros vs White Sox: Match Preview & Betting Tips
The Houston Astros (39-24) will welcome the Chicago White Sox (30-31) in an exciting Major League Baseball match set to take place at Minute Maid Park this Saturday. This will be the first of a 3-match series between the two teams.
If you love to bet on baseball matches, this one will surely be filled with opportunities to win big, so read on for the match preview, betting tips and MLB betting predictions.
Astros vs White Sox Head-to-Head and Form
The two teams have clashed 17 times over the last 4 years, with the Astros winning 10 games and the White Sox winning 7.
Currently, the Houston side will be heading into the match after winning two consecutive games against the Rangers in a 3-match series. They suffered a 5-3 loss in the first but bounced back with 4-3 and 9-2 victories in the following 2 games.
The Chicago side are also heading into the match following a victory over the Tigers. The White Sox have played as the underdog in 5 of their last 10 matches, winning 3 of those. They had a 3-match losing streak going before winning 3 games in a row.
Houston Astros form guide: W-W-L-W-L
Chicago White Sox form guide: W-W-W-L-L
Key Match Facts:
- The Chicago White Sox are on a 5-game winning streak when playing away.
- The Houston side averages3 home runs per match, ranking 4th with 80 home runs.
- They have a batting average of .237
- The Chicago side have a total of 54 home runs, ranking 23rd in MLB
- They have a batting average of .250 this season.
- The White Sox enjoy a 7.6 strikeout rate per match, which is the 4th best among MLB offenses.
- Jose Abreu leads the White Sox, with 61 hits and an on-base percentage of .372 and a slugging percentage of .455.
- As for the Astros, their key player is Yordan Alvarez, who has 64 hits with a .407 on-base percentage and a .620 slugging percentage.
Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox MLB Betting Tips
The home team are favourites to win with -190 moneyline.
Tip 1: Houston Astros to win
Tip 2: Chicago White Sox +1.5 (-130)
Head to BetKing to find the best Major League Baseball odds and bet on MLB today!