England vs Italy | UEFA Nations League Group Game and Betting prediction
For the first time since the EURO 2020 final, England and Italy meet again. We all know what happened the last time the two teams met; Italy came back from conceding an early Luke Shaw goal to equalize, hold on and eventually defeat the three lions on penalties to claim the EURO trophy on English soil.
The English side is still largely the same. The Italians, however, are currently in a rebuild after failing to qualify for the World Cup. This will be a good game to see how well the new additions to their team will play.
Read on for our match and betting review below!
England vs Italy H2H
The two European heavyweights have met eight times. The record over that period read – One England win, Three Italian victories and four draws.
Their last three H2H fixtures have ended in a 1-1 draw over 90 minutes as well.
England vs Italy form guide
England have won three, lost one and drawn one of their last five games (D-L-W-W-W) while Italy have won just two, drawn one and lost two of their last five games (W-D-L-W-L)
England vs Italy team news
The only injured player in both squads at the moment is Kalvin Phillips. The Leeds United midfielder suffered a leg injury against Germany and is expected back later this month.
Expected England Starting XI: Jordan Pickford. Reece James, John Stones, Harry McGuire, Kieran Trippier. Declan Rice, Jude Bellingham, Mason Mount. Jack Grealish, Harry Kane, Jarrod Bowen.
Expected Italy Starting XI: Gianluigi Donnaruma, Leonardo Spinazzola, Alessandro Bastoni, Francesco Acerbi, Giovanni Di Lorenzo. Sandro Tonali, Lorenzo Pellegrini, Nicolo Barella. Giacomo Raspadori, Matteo Politano, Wilfried Gnonto.
- Italy have scored 1.5 goals per game and conceded 1.0 goals per game compared to England who have scored just 0.5 goals per game and conceded the same amount of goals per game in the UEFA Nations League this season.
- England average a higher share of the ball compared to Italy (47.4% – 44.4%) and more accurate passes than Italy (362.2 – 318.0 accurate passes/game)
- England (12.5 successful tackles/game) also average a higher tackle rate than Italy (8.0 successful tackles/game). The home side are currently averaging the most successful tackles per game too.
- The English team is also much better disciplined than their visitors today. England average 6.5 fouls per game and have received just 2 yellow cards while Italy average 12.0 fouls per game and have already received a staggering 7 yellow cards in just two games.
- Harry Kane and Nicolo Barella have each scored one goal each already.
England vs Italy prediction
Bet on these outcomes:
- England to win @ 2.06 with an OddsBoost
- Over 1.5 goals @ 1.38
- Both teams to score @ 1.90
Bet on the remaining UEFA Nations League games with us!