Eintracht Frankfurt vs Rangers | Europa League Final and betting prediction
The last game of the 2021-2022 Europa League campaign features two teams we didn’t predict would make it this far compared to other heavyweights, but who have both thoroughly merited their place in the Europa League final.
Eintracht Frankfurt are 11th on the Bundesliga table and will be eager to win this final game and go directly to the UEFA Champions League next season in addition to lifting some silverware.
Rangers, on the other hand, have already qualified for the UEFA Champions League by finishing 2nd in the Scottish Premier League. Finishing second to bitter rivals, Celtic, will have left a bitter taste in their mouths. Winning the Europa League will bring some silverware and the chance to brag about having a more successful season than their Old Firm rivals.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Rangers H2H record
The two teams have not met in a long time. The last time they faced off was in the 1960s when they played four times in the 1960s – two competitive matches and two friendlies. The German side advanced into the European Cup final by beating Rangers twice; 6-1 at home and 3-6 away. The friendlies were split, Frankfurt winning one and Rangers winning the other game.
The last time they played was over 60 years ago, so the more accurate comparison would be their current league standing. Frankfurt finished 11th in the German Bundesliga with just 42 points from 34 games while Rangers finished second in the Scottish League with 89 points from 38 games.
Eintracht Frankfurt have won two, drawn two and lost one of their last five games (D-DW-L-W) while Rangers have won four and drawn one of their last five games (W-W-W-W-D).
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Rangers Team News
Danny da Costa (Groin injury), Diant Ramaj (Knee injury), Jesper Lindstrøm (Hamstring injury) and Martin Hinteregger (Hamstring injury) will all miss the match.
Expected Eintracht Frankfurt starting lineup: Kevin Trapp. Almany Toure, Tuta, Evan N’Dicka. Ansgar Knauff, Djibril Sow, Sebastian Rode, Filip Kostic. Daichi Kamada, Jens Petter Hauge, Rafael Borre. (3-4-3)
Filip Helander (Foot injury), Ianis Hagi (Knee injury), Alfredo Morelos (Thigh injury) and Nnamdi Ofoborh (Heart issues) are all injured.
Expected Rangers starting lineup: Allan McGregor. Connor Goldson, John Lundstram, Calvin Bassey. James Tavernier, Ryan Jack, Glen Kamara, Borna Barisic. Ryan Kent, Joe Aribo, Scott Wright. (3-4-3)
Relevant Europa League stats
- Going forward, both teams have similar stats with Frankfurt averaging 1.7 goals scored/game while Rangers average 1.6 goals scored/ game.
- Defensively, they have a similar record as well. Eintracht Frankfurt’s 1.0 goals conceded/game just shades Rangers’ 1.1 goals conceded/game.
- Rangers have created the 2nd-most big chances this season (22) to score 22 goals. Frankfurt are 10th on the list with 14 big chances created to score 20 goals.
- Rangers have won 4 penalties, the 2nd most penalties this campaign. Frankfurt average the most fouls/game (15.5) the 2nd-most yellow/red cards (25/2) and have conceded 3 penalties, the 2nd-worst in the Europa League this season.
- Daichi Kamada, Frankfurt’s highest goal score, has scored 5 goals and assisted one goal this season while Rangers wing back, James Tavernier, has scored 7 goals to go along with 2 assists in the Europa League this season.
Eintracht Frankfurt vs Rangers prediction
- Over 8.5 corner kicks
- Over 4.5 bookings
- Over 1.5 goals.
Bet on the remaining League and European domestic games this season with BetKing
BetKing Guide/ 8 months ago
SuperPicks is Back!
Everything You Need to Know About SuperPicks! SuperPicks is a platform that combines the...
BetKing Guide/ 12 months ago
Why BetKing Is Your Best Choice For Sports Betting?
To all sports betting enthusiasts, welcome back to another weekend of the most amazing...