Brentford vs Tottenham: English Premier League Match Preview And Betting Tips
Tottenham Hotspur will be travelling across the capital to face Brentford in what will be their first ever match in the Community Stadium in the English Premier League.
The Spurs will be hoping to return to winning ways after facing a 1-0 defeat against Brighton, leaving them 4th on the Premier League table. They had a 4-match winning streak going for them in the EPL before this loss.
Brentford on the other hand, will come into the match after a 2-1 victory against Watford last weekend. They had less shots than their opponents but still managed to win, moving up to the 12th spot in Premier League standings.
Read on for Brentford vs Tottenham match preview, team news and football betting tips.
Brentford vs Tottenham Head-to-Head & Form
Out of their 43 total encounters, Tottenham have proven to be the stronger side with 24 wins, 6 losses and 13 draws. Their last 2 matches both ended with the Spurs winning 2-0.
As far as recent form is concerned, Antonio Conte’s side have played some eye-catching football recently, minus their last match. They’ve scored 22 times in their last 6 games, with an average of 3.67 goals and 10+ shots per match.
As for Brentford, their victory against Watford will surely add to their confidence and they’ll be hoping for more of the same in their meeting with the Spurs. The team’s 2 winnings goals against Watford were scored by Pontus Jansson and Christian Norgaard with the winning goal being scored at the last second at 95+ minutes. The team has managed to score at least one goal for each of their last 6 games, racking up 14 goals and conceding 5.
Brentford recently made history at Stamford Bridge with their biggest ever win when they beat Chelsea 1-4. Tottenham’s biggest win was 5-0 against Everton last month.
Tottenham form guide: L-W-W-W-W-L-W
Brentford form guide: W-W-W-L-W-W-L
Key Match Facts:
- Brentford have a 3-match winning streak in the English Premier League.
- On average, Brentford score 1.5 goals on home soil while the Spurs score 1.45 when playing away.
- Son Heung-min is Tottenham Hotspur’s top-scorer with 17 goals while Ivan Toney has scored 12 goals for the Bees.
- Looking back over their last 12 encounters, Tottenham score an average of 2.5 goals while Brentford score an average of 1.4 goals in their meetings.
- Tottenham have had 57 yellow cards and 1 red card this season while Brentford got 54 yellow cards and 2 reds.
- Tottenham got 12 clean sheets while Brentford had only 7 this season.
- Tottenham have a strong successful tackle and clearance rate. Successful tackles per game have been 9.3 while clearances per match have been 19.2, which is one of the league’s strongest.
Brentford vs Tottenham Team News
The Bees seem to be without any injury troubles and Thomas Frank will have a fully fit squad at his disposal. Christian Eriksen will have all eyes on him as he’s played a significant role in their recent good form, helping beat West Ham 2-0 and Chelsea 4-1. This will be his first match against his former team, and he’s expected to get a great reception.
Possible Brentford line-up (4-3-3): David Raya, Kristoffer Ajer, Pontus Jansson, Mads Bech Sörensen, Rico Henry, Vitaly Janelt, Christian Nørgaard, Christian Eriksen, Bryan Mbeumo, Ivan Toney and Yoane Wissa.
As for Tottenham Hotspur, Conte has fewer options, with Matt Doherty, Japhet Tanganga and Oliver Skipp unavailable due to injuries.
Possible Tottenham line-up (3-4-3): Hugo Lloris, Cristian Romero, Eric Dier, Ben Davies, Emerson Royal, P. Emil Højbjerg, Rodrigo Bentancur, Sergio Reguilón, Dejan Kulusevski, Harry Kane and Heung-Min Son.
Brentford vs Tottenham Betting Tips
We expect Brentford to put up a good fight but Tottenham to stay ahead.
- Tip 1: Tottenham to win
- Tip 2: Over 2.5 goals
- Tip 3: Both teams to score
Ready to start your sports betting journey with the best odds? Head to BetKing and place your bets for that winning feeling. And watch this space for more football betting predictions on all your favourite games.